Melaka - Tong Sheng Restaurant and The Daily Fix Cafe Review

I have recently made a short trip to Melaka and instead of having the usual fun and "go everywhere and eat" trip, I have reduced it with my own "SOP" and "requirements" to reduce COVID19 risks. Spending more time in hotel room is certainly one of the strategy and another one is only to visit during off-peak hours and try to spend less time in restaurants. 

I have visited Tong Sheng Restaurant and The Daily Fix Cafe this trip and below are some photos and reviews.

Tong Sheng Restaurant
The restaurant is famous for its Crayfish Cheese Noodles. I was lucky that I came on a Sunday evening and not crowded. I did not pre-book and I managed to get a seat immediately.

I ordered 3 dishes including the famous Cheesy Prawn noodles - a must to try. The other 2 dishes are fried vegetable and salted egg "steam egg" were very good as well. The dent to my wallet is only RM82 which includes 1 bowl of rice and 2 hot chinese tea. 

Overall, I must say I enjoyed the food and would definitely come back. The price that they are charging is even cheaper than a standard KL Chinese restaurant and taste is very good. I was told that the crowd at the restaurant is normally huge and was advised to go early, which I did at 5.30pm. During this visit, I saw at least half of the customers are locals. 

Tong Sheng Restaurant 

Restaurant Interior

Story of the founder and the shop

"Cheesy Prawn Noodles"

I ordered 3 dishes and all of them are delicious

The Daily Fix Cafe
The cafe opens slightly later at 9am (but I was told they actually open for business before 9am). When I arrived, half of the tables were already. They have the standard cafe offerings like coffee, pancake, cakes, american breakfast etc. Since I had light breakfast prior to the visit, I only ordered a salted gula melaka coffee and a pandan pancake. The pandan pancake is delicious and it's unique (as it's not standard offerings in other cafes). However, I did not get so 'accustomed' to the taste of the Salted Gula Melaka coffee.  

The cafe's design and decorations is very picturesque as it has a blend of green old-school sun louvres, red-brown floorings and old solid wood tables and chairs. It gives a very relaxing feel but due to COVID19 risks, I did not feel much of relaxation and it quite defeat the purpose of visiting a cafe (to chill and relax). Anyway, let's have a look at the menu and photos.



Entrance of The Daily Fix

Menu

Menu


Menu



Salted Gula Melaka Coffee

Pandan Pancake with Gula Melaka



Featured

A glimpse of how 'full' COVID19 vaccination will be..

After a year-ish of Coronavirus outbreak, we all know that COVID19 will not end or disappear, but it'll be just like other diseases (thi...