Review: Pizza and Coffee Co @ IJN

IJN (Institute Jantung Negara or also known as National Heart Institute) is one of Malaysia's premier heart centre. Located along Jalan Tun Razak, it is focused on treating heart related disease. Like any other modern hospitals, retail component is an important for patients and visitors as everyone needs food, a cup of hot drinks during their visit right?

Pizza and Co is located near the main entrance. When you walk in from the Main Lobby, it's on the right hand side of you.

I had lunch as I didn't want to go to the canteen (deemed to have more people and crowds due to lunch hour) so I chose one of the restaurants. I noticed that the offerings have increased from just 3-4 outlets to 6 just at the main lobby.


Breadstory, Tealive and Gloria Jeans Coffee

I ordered the promo set - Lasagna and Tea Latte and add on a piece of Pizza at RM5. Total bill came up to RM20.50. I would say the price is not fantastic but if you're in a hurry or just want the convenience, then it's pretty alright (nothing is cheap these days isn't it?)

My Lunch!


Hot Tea Latte is Milk with 2 BOH Black Tea Teabags

My Review
The lasagna is a bit disappointing while the pizza is just so-so. I must say I enjoyed the Lasagna at Pizza Hut more. The flavour of the Hawaiian Pizza that I had tasted a little bland and the dough is not fluffy enough. On the contrary, the Tea Latte was pretty good, although it's just BOH tea in milk.

You can see that IJN is serving ~900 patients a day and it can be a pretty high risk place to be at. It's definitely more visited than Mid Valley Shopping Mall these days.






Featured

A glimpse of how 'full' COVID19 vaccination will be..

After a year-ish of Coronavirus outbreak, we all know that COVID19 will not end or disappear, but it'll be just like other diseases (thi...