Unboxing of Vivo Y20 4GB + 64GB

I have finally got my Vivo Y20 which I have purchased from Maxis Centre (via a 24 month contract). Read my other post here on obtaining subsidized phones from Hotlink plan. It came with 4GB RAM and 64GB memory, which is adequate for day-to-day non-demanding usage.







You can see that there is a charger with USB cable, a phone silicone casing and a pin given. The phone is also came protected with a screen protector by default. This setup is similar to the Redmi Note 9S which I got earlier this year.

Screen on

Screen Off







You can see that the photos are a little bit grainy (for indoor, lower light shots)


Verdict:

Vivo Y20 is a phone that has appearance like mid-range phone: good touch and feel quality, 2-day (5000 mAh) battery, trio back camera arrangement, finger print sensor on on-off buttons etc. I like the overall feel etc but felt that the processor (Snapdragon 460) is slightly slow to be considered as a mid-range phone, or rather it's positioned to be a entry level phone with better features. 

What I like
1. Good look and feel
2. Trio camera setup (back) 13MP + 8MP + 2MP
3. 5000 mAh battery

What I find lacking
1. No USB Type C support
2. Snapdragon 460 processor which is an entry level non-heavy gaming processor
3. Camera is a bit grainy indoor








Featured

A glimpse of how 'full' COVID19 vaccination will be..

After a year-ish of Coronavirus outbreak, we all know that COVID19 will not end or disappear, but it'll be just like other diseases (thi...